Many women consider having long, sexy eyelashes a symbol of beauty and elegance. Having strong and long eyelashes not only helps a women look beautiful, but also helps prevent irritating and dangerous particles from getting in her eyes. However, since not all women are born with long and thick eyelashes, learning about the different methods to improve eyelash growth can be beneficial in making eyelashes longer, thicker and look more beautiful.
How to Grow Eyelashes Longer?
The health and length of your eyelashes is basically determined by genetics and is generally known to grow at ¼ inch per month. However, learning about the different ways to grow eyelashes can help get your eyelashes to achieve their full potential.
Eyelash Growth Natural Remedies
Using home remedies is perhaps one of the most safe and effective way to grow eyelashes. Using natural remedies will not only help repair the damaged lashes, but also renew the growth of healthy eyelashes.
- Petroleum Jelly: According to http://www.wikihow.com/Grow-Eyelashes using petroleum jelly helps coat and seal each lashes and protects the lashes from the harmful and drying substances in the air. Using this natural lash conditioner regularly will help your lashes stay moisturized and grow out to be healthy and stronger. To use petroleum jelly for natural eyelash growth – apply thin coat of the jelly with q tip or a clean mascara brush on the upper lashes (in an upwards direction) and then on the lower lashes (in an outward direction) before retiring to bed. Wash away the jelly when you wake up in the morning.
- Oils: Applying small oils such as olive oil, castor oil, vitamin E oil with cotton wool or clean fingers on your eyelids (at the base of eyelashes) at night helps natural eyelash growth. The fact that these oils contain nutrients, applying oil conditions the lashes and helps them grow stronger and healthier than previous hair growth.
- Eggs Mixture: Egg white contains protein that can help fortify and strengthen eyelashes. To use eggs, combine equal quantities of egg white with castor oil and apply to eyelashes using an eyelash brush at night. Wash the mixture with warm water the next day.
Eyelash Growth Products
Although using cosmetic products such as mascara, eyelash curlers or false eyelashes can make your lashes appear longer and fuller, they prove to be only temporary solutions. Using eyelash growth products can help enhance eyelashes and help the lashes become stronger and longer. However, since eyelash growth product tends to have side effects such as redness, itching, abnormal eyelash growth or skin discoloration, it is highly recommended that you opt for a quality product that contains natural substances. It is always a good idea to read the reviews of the product chosen to learn about the opinion of the existing customers.
Look here for our great article on kits: http://jessica-lowndes.org/best-lash-extension-kits
- Eyelash Conditioners: Eyelash conditioners help eyelashes appear longer, thicker and fuller. People who have short lashes or thin eyelashes can use eyelash conditioners with growth serums to promote growth. This cosmetic product for eyelash growth is also a great option for those who want to make their lashes appear fuller naturally without using false eyelashes or mascara. A lash conditioner is applied in a similar way as liquid eyeliner and should be applied daily to achieve results.
- Eyelash Growth Serums: Using a good eyelash growth serum is another great way to attain ideal eyelashes. However, when choosing a serum it is highly recommended you opt for the one that contains ingredients such as glycoprotein, panthenol and Hyalauronic acid. While glycoprotein helps stimulate hair follicle growth, panthenol prevents damage and makes eyelashes stronger. The presence of Hyalauronic acid helps promote healthy hair growth.
- Latisse: If you are looking for a FDA approved medical treatment for eyelash growth, Latisse would be the perfect option. Latisse is basically used by dabbing it with sterile applicators on the upper lash line every night. The drug automatically spreads to your eyelash as soon as you blink. Using Latisse regularly will not only help double the fullness and length of your eyelashes in only four months, but also enhance eyelash darkness.
Simple Ways to Promote Eyelash Growth
Diet: Eating a well balanced diet can play a crucial role in promoting growth of eyelashes. The fact that biotin deficiency can often cause rapid eyelash lose, including plenty of B complex vitamins, especially biotin in your diet can help grow eyelashes naturally. Rich food sources of biotin include cauliflower, liver, legumes, salmon, eggs, carrots, bananas and nutritional yeast. In addition, getting more silicon in your diet (found in cabbage, olives, rice, beer, oats and green beans) can also help promote better overall hair growth.
Avoid pulling and tugging eyelashes: The roots of eyelashes are quite delicate and can tend to break easily if they are not handled gently. It is therefore important that you avoid tugging your lashes with your fingers or when using eyelash curlers. In addition, take care not to rub, pull or scrub lashes when you are washing off any eye makeup.
Brush Eyelashes: Brushing your lashes with a special eyelash comb regularly will not only help stimulate circulation, but also hair follicles below the scalp. Combing your eyelashes gently is a great way to stimulate eyelash growth and make them appear healthy and attractive.
Eyelid Massage: Massaging your eyelids for about five to ten minutes daily encourages the hair follicles along your lash line to become more active, helping your eyelash to grow stronger and faster. To massage your eyelid for lash growth, move your pinky finger gently in small circular motions along the lash line and the entire eyelid.
Proper use of Mascara: Using mascara less often can play a crucial role for your eyelash health. However, if you wish to use mascara for eye makeup, ensure that it is washed completely before you retire to bed at night. Consider inventing in hypoallergenic mascara if you have sensitive eyes. In addition, avoid using waterproof mascara as its ingredients can cause the mascara to stick to your lashes and make them weak. In addition, always ensure that discard old mascara to prevent causing lash damaging infections.
Having long eyelashes is every woman’s dream. However, if you are not blessed with long, thicker and fuller lashes, following the simple yet effective ways of eyelash growth listed above can be quite beneficial grow longer lashes and gain beauty naturally.